Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's those two calendars and it's those palms!



My blog for the day is a correction of an incorrect statement I made last Thursday regarding Palm Sunday. I incorrectly put the parenthetical statement, "(Palm Sunday on our calendar)" in my blog, regarding the feast of tabernacles. Ouch! How my mind got so confused I do not know, but you have my profuse apology.

I was driving in my car yesterday thinking about the difference between the old Hebrew civil calendar and the old Hebrew religious calendar. The religious calendar starts with the month of the Passover and seven day feast of unleavened bread (Ex.12:1-2, 15) [our Easter season]. The first month of the civil calendar was the seventh month of the religious calendar, and had the Day of Atonement and seven day feast of tabernacles [Lev. 23:27, 34]. Both Palm Sunday and the Feast of Tabernacles are in a first month of a Hebrew calendear, but the former is on the first month of the religious calendar, and the latter is on the first month of the civil calendar. How I connected in my mind Palm Sunday and the feast of tabernacles together last Thursday, I do not know. I wish I had a good excuse, but the best I could come up with is it's those two calendars and those palms everyone kept waving around!
By the way, no matter what hard times you are going through, remember as you wave your palms tomorrow, that the entry of Christ into your life is a time to celebrate. For with Christ, comes freedom from the penalty and power of sin, redemption and regeneration, new hearts and new starts for all turn to Him.

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" . . . Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who came out of great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.
(Rev 7:9-15)
Praise God for the blood of Christ washes us clean and makes us worthy to enter the throne room! Praise God for the risen Christ dwells in us, and reigns over us from His throne in glory. Praise God for He who sits on the throne will return to establish His kingdom on earth and one day dwell among us.
Wave those palm branches. The Lord came to redeem us, the Lord is reigning over us, and the Lord is returning! Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment