Friday, December 4, 2009

Hear Me When I Call



Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. (Psa 4:1)

Do you know the reason that we have confidence God hears us? It is because we are righteous in Him! God is the source of our righteousness. He our God AND our righteousness.

and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
(Php 3:9)

Wow! Through faith in Christ and His work on our behalf, we can be clothed with the righteousness of God!!

Given that, how can we who claim the name of Christ choose to put Christ to shame? How can we have a passion for the empty fruitless things of the world, that while having a semblance of satisfaction, are ultimately empty and worthless. What the world has to offer is a mirage, it is a lie and a deception.

How long, O you sons of men, Will you turn my glory to shame? How long will you love worthlessness And seek falsehood? Selah. (Psa 4:2)

God has set apart unto Himself a people for His name. A people that are clothed with the righteousness of God.

But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him. Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the LORD. There are many who say, "Who will show us any good?" LORD, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us. You have put gladness in my heart, More than in the season that their grain and wine increased. I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psa 4:3-8)

In the Lord we have our righteousness, we have no worry, we have the object of our affection, the one on whom we can meditate day and night, the one in whom we can trust as our provider and protector. The one who is the source of true joy and true blessing.

The one in whom we can find eternal rest, beginning the moment we put our trust in and desire on Him. Now is our day of deliverance, Today is our day of salvation from the power of sin, the draw of the world, and the snares of the accuser.

Praise God for NOTHING can separate us from the love of God.

Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment