Friday, January 23, 2009

A Righteous Response

Claudia and I recently attended a Calvary Chapel Pastor's Conference with several from our church family. Several pastors took turns teaching through the upper room passage of the scripture in John. For me, one of the most compelling moments was when we were called to righteousness; and more specifically, called to respond righteously, even in the midst of being betrayed. wow. Jesus called Judas 'friend' to the end, and never rose up against him in words or deeds, in spite of knowing what he was about to do. A true friend of God will be a friend to others, and will respond righteously to the worst offense. (Funny thing, Claudia told me this morning that "I am a friend of God" is in the worship line up for this Sunday!)
Respond Righteously,
Pastor B.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great challenge to me Pastor B. I am realizing more and more how important it is to respond righteously, if not for my own sake, for the sake of others. I have recently fallen in love with the body of Christ, CCSC specifically. The regrets of prior attitudes and actions, self justifications and self-righteousnesses may well have affected others eternally. This is beginning to keep me in a sober reverence before God. Wen our response is righteous it will do no harm to others or our conscience, thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete