Friday, January 30, 2009

Where is your hiding place?


Discouraged? Depressed? Stressed? Hurt? Angry? Frustrated? Fearful? Overwhelmed?
We all sometimes just want to get away, or better yet want to crawl into a hole.
The apostle Paul knew what these emotions were like, and talked of one point in his ministry where he said of his mission team, "we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:" 2 Cor. 1:8

We all experience discouragement, depression, stress, hurt, anger, and fear. The question is where do we go and to whom do we turn in our times of trouble? To drugs? to alcohol? To our work? To our luxuries? To our dreams?

God's children, like all humans, have struggled with these things from the beginning, but they know the one place where there is lasting peace, and the one person that can truly help us and heal us.

You [are] my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah - Psalm 32:7
You [are] my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word. Psalm 119:114
The LORD [is] their strength, And He [is] the saving refuge of His anointed. - Psalm 28:8
But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble. - Psalm 59:16
In God [is] my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, [And] my refuge, [is] in God. - Psalm 62:7
Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God [is] a refuge for us. Selah - Psalm 62:8
Be my strong refuge, To which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, For You [are] my rock and my fortress. - Psalm 71:3
He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth [shall be your] shield and buckler. - Psalm 91:4
But my eyes [are] upon You, O GOD the Lord; In You I take refuge; Do not leave my soul destitute. - Psalm 141:8

Thank you, Heavenly Father. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Thank you, Holy Spirit.
Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment