Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is your body your slave?


The apostle Paul was determined to win the race. We know the rules, and there is no excuse for being disqualified. In 1 Cor 9:27 Paul tells us that he disciplines his body and brings it into subjection. The phrase "bring it into subjection" is a translation of a Greek word (doo-la-go-geh-o) that means to lead away into slavery. (I've posted a picture from the Greek Lexicon so you can see what it says on this interesting word.)
Do you make your body a slave? Or, does your body drive you?
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.(1Co 9:27).
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(Gal 5:17)
We must be serious, be watchful, and keep our flesh in submission if we are going to spiritually succeed. So how do you think Paul enslaved his body? How do you think he kept his flesh in subjection? hmmmmm.
Yours in Him,
Pastor B.


No comments:

Post a Comment