Thursday, July 9, 2009

Walking in the Valley of the Shadow of Death



Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.
(Psa 23:4-6)
If we are His own, God's goodness and mercy follows us every day and everywhere. Into the wilderness, into the desert, into the valley of the shadow of death, into the presence of our enemies. God has a bountiful table ever set before you, so don't be tempted by the enemy's poison apple. Be wise as serpents and be aware that there are those that would seek you harm, but do not fear. It matters not how big or many your adversary might be. What matters is who wields the rod and the staff in your defense. Take comfort because your shepherd is the King of kings, and Lord of hosts!
God's goodness and mercy will ever run over us as a thirst quenching stream, for the well of God's Spirit is within us. We will dwell in the house of the Lord forever, for the Lord of all creation dwells in us! Praise God!!
Yours in Him,
Pastor B.
Don't forget that we're meeting 9:30 a.m. at the church Sunday to prepare the banners, streamers, and robes for our grand procession of worship! All are invited, but the youth and children are especially invited to come and participate. Service is at 10:00 a.m. It's going to be an awesome celebration of our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment