Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Kind of Virus is In Your System?

A "Security Alert" screen popped up on my computer this morning telling me that I had all sorts of viruses, malware, spyware, and such, and suggested that I pay $29.95 to install their security program in order to have it remove all of my infections. I decided to Google it to see if it was a recommended software program, and lo and behold, I found out that IT WAS A VIRUS! And what made matters worse is that it started hitting me with warnings and not allowing any of my computer applications to run. Well, I googled solutions and waded through them (not being very technical is a disadvantage in this type of situation), and though I got the basic idea of what I was supposed to accomplish, I couldn't get there by following the various sets of online instructions. I decided to pray (Don't laugh at me- I know what you guys are thinking- why didn't he start with that?). I then got an idea, clicked a few places, found exactly what I needed to find, and eradicated the beast. Praise the Lord!

It reminded me of 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, which tells us that Satan and our adversaries can transform themselves to look like "good guys", and that we must be discening enough to not fall for their schemes.

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."

My dictionary tells me that a virus is something that poisons one's body, soul, or mind. The best anit-virus protection in the world, is to love the Lord your God with all your soul, with all your body (strength), and with all your mind.
(Mark 12:30). Darkness can't survive in the light.

May the fire of God's Spirit burn brightly and burn hot in you, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Have a great day in Him!

Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment