Thursday, January 7, 2010

Are You Circling the Wagons?



What is your response when you feel all is lost? Many of us have circled up the wagons, tried to convince ourselves that all would work out, but deep down really didn't believe that God's calvary would be coming to the rescue. We find ourselves discouraged, or even in despair, believing that for whatever reason, God has left us to fend for ourselves. We feel helpless, hopeless, and hapless.

I find that reading the Psalms aloud is often a great comfort to me in such times.

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. (Psa 4:1)

(A Psalm of David The Servant of the LORD, Who Spoke to the LORD The Words of This Song on the Day that the LORD Delivered Him from the Hand of All His Enemies and from the Hand of Saul.)

And He Said: I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. The pangs of death surrounded me, And the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears. (Psa 18:1-6)

(A Prayer When He Was in the Cave.) I cry out to the LORD with my voice; With my voice to the LORD I make my supplication. I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me. Look on my right hand and see, For there is no one who acknowledges me; Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul. I cried out to You, O LORD: I said, "You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living. Attend to my cry, For I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, For they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, That I may praise Your name; The righteous shall surround me, For You shall deal bountifully with me." (Psa 142:1-7)

You must build up your faith. It is your shield against the fiery darts of the wicked one. Talk to God aloud, Read the Psalms aloud, make signs with the promises of God on them, and display them prominently in places where you spend a lot of time.

This is a spiritual war, and you don't want to be one of its casualties.

For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES ON HIM WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME."
(Rom 10:11)


Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment