Friday, January 1, 2010

The car key that wasn't


Do you truly believe that God is working in every situation?

And are you willing to suffer in order to glorify God in every situation?

Yesterday my son-in-law and daughter (visiting us from Jacksonville) could not find their only Toyota car key. We asked the Lord to help us find the key, but alas, we could not find it. They called the Toyota dealership which said the car would need to be towed to them and that for a few hundred dollars they could make them a new key.

I knew money was tight for them, and as I prayed I felt the Lord tell me to call a locksmith, and I therefore did so, even though I wasn't sure that locksmiths could make electronic keys, and when I found one that could, I knew it was the Lord's will for me to pay for a new key to be made. A young locksmith came, and I had opportunity to share the gospel and talk with him about the things of the Lord in our driveway. He told me he was going to come to my church Sunday because it was time for him to get involved in a local church family again, and shared a little of his background with me.

As he and his young son that was with him pulled out of the driveway, I couldn't help but reflect on the events that led up to our meeting. What if all of the drama surrounding the key was really about effecting a change this young man's life? That would explain why our prayers for finding the key weren't answered, and if getting a new key meant getting a family active in the Lord's work, the hundred and sixty-five dollars was a small price to pay.

And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (Col 1:17)

If anyone speaks, let him speak as the 'words' of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. (1Pe 4:11)

May we look more for opportunities to glorify God this year when the going gets rough, and not be so concerned with Him quickly rescuing us from our every tribulation.

Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment