Saturday, January 16, 2010

Morning and Evening Devotions


It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago I started these daily devotions. In fact, it was January 1, 2009 when I posted my first devotion. (To read my first posted devotion you can go to our church web site at www.calvarychapelspacecoast.org, and click on Pastor B's Daily Devotion on the right, and click on the 2009 Archive in the left column of the blog site, and select January.)

This year I believe the Lord wants me to expand the daily devotions to a morning and evening, and I'm going to encourage you to take a few minutes first thing in the morning, and last thing at night (if you don't already) to read them and talk with the Lord. Of course, anytime between is always good, also. As David said,

Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice. . . . Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psa 55:17, 22)

[In the Hebrew, something that is 'cool' (i.e.,כּוּל) is something that sustains, provides nourishment, feeds. (Remember Christ telling us that He is the vine, and we are the branches?) This is the word that is translated "sustain" in Psalm 55:22 above.]

GOD WILL HEAR YOU!
GOD WILL SUSTAIN YOU!!
YOU SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!!

However, each of the above have conditions.
IF you call on the Lord He will hear you.
IF you cast your worries and fears at His feet He will sustain you
IF you righteously respond to what life throws at you He will not permit you to be moved.

Tomorrow in Sunday morning service we are going to talk about the fact that God WANTS TO BLESS US AND PROMOTE US, and what it takes to get there. Drop in if you can, watch the video teaching later in the day, if you can't.

I love you, am praying for you, and remember,
Overcome, or be overcome,
Yours in Him,
Pastor B.

No comments:

Post a Comment